EPM will auction 550,000 certificates emission reduction next Wednesday, August 28 2109August 24, 2019
New Bancoldex credits for energy efficiencyNovember 29, 2019
More than environmental care, business sustainability is quality of life
Business sustainability is understood as the business development that manages to meet the needs of today, without compromising the resources that will be required by future generations.
This achieves a balance between economic growth, care for the environmentand social welfare. At OBC Partners we support companies in the sustainable development of concrete actions that ensure a future for communities and their stakeholders, while at the same time, companies adopt good practices that allow them to combine economic and social development with the preservation of natural resources.
Sustainable Development strikes the balance between economic growth, environmental care and social welfare.
It is clear that human activity is negatively affecting the balance of the environment. Many of us are concerned about ensuring that our children have the resources we have today. Therefore, it is necessary to adopt measures to avoid global warming and climate change, there are two types of measures: mitigation and adaptation. Mitigation measures are those actions aimed at reducing and limiting greenhouse gas emissions, while adaptationmeasures are based on reducing vulnerability to the effects of climate change and improving sustainability.
Mitigation therefore addresses the causes of climate change,while adaptation addresses its impacts.
Mitigation measures for sustainable development
Mitigation measures that can be put in place to prevent increased pollutant emissions include:
- Practice energy efficiency
- Increased use of renewable energy
- Electrification of industrial processes
- Implementation of efficient means of transport: electric public transport, bicycle, shared cars…
- Carbon tax and emissions markets
Adaptation measures for sustainable development
In terms of adaptation measures, there are several actions that help reduce vulnerability to the consequences of climate change
- Construction of safer infrastructure works and facilities
- Landscape restoration – natural landscape – and forest reforestation
- Creating a flexible and varied crop to be prepared for natural disasters that threaten crops
- Research and developmenton possible catastrophes, temperature behavior, etc.
- Prevention and precautionary measures (evacuation plans, health issues, etc.)
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)